Monday 11 February 2013

The voice. The pain.

I was just minding my own business, watching the Grammys.
Then Alicia Keys came and started singing.
And it struck me.
Struck me harder than hard.
When in a split second, a tone in her voice brought me back.
Back to my old apartment, to the nights when I was waiting for him.
That tone in her voice, that tone.
It reminded me of all the emotions. Of all the pain. 
It reminded me of my madness and infatuation.
Nevertheless how well I am right now in regardst to him, the pain struck me.
The tone, the voice, rounded all that year, all that what was and wasn't between us.
The night. The smell of his skin. His kisses.
My nails in his back. 
My screaming.
His leaving. 
Another lonely night waiting.
And him leaving.
Words stuck in the air or in my heart.
And Alicia Keys playing in the background.
Well, I guess I won't be listening to her anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment