Sunday 21 April 2013

Not angry anymore.

Today is sort of Alanis Morissette day. Have her Best Of album on repeat.
Still, You Oughta Know is my favourite song.
The lyrics.
The line:"Did you forget about me, Mr. Duplicity?" is lately a lot on my mind.
It's not like we have been together, had a (love) relationship or something like that.
But you did called me a friend, a close friend.
And then, puff, it was all gone.
You just weren't there. 
Still expected of me to behave the same, to fall at your wink, to always be there for you.
As I was there for you throughout the summer. And fall. And winter. All the times you felt lonely.
I'm not bitter anymore because you moved on, found love and you're happy.
It's just ... you weren't there ... you are not here ... and you still think everything is OK.
You still expect me to feel highly of you. To "worship" you as I did before.
Think again.

No comments:

Post a Comment